Saturday, March 3, 2012

BEAD SOUP IS HERE! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The revel day is finally here and I am so excited.   First of all, apologizes are in order I haven't written all month and I will explain why in another post.  My wonderful partner,  Christie  and I were made for each other.  Thank you Lori for your wise and  great pairing!  Christie and have several things in common not only our love of  beading and Christ, but the joy we have in our daughters.  It is wonderful to see the love and happiness that shines in Christie's photos.
    Now on to the soup--- I received a fantastic soup from Christie.

Wow, the selection I had to chose from.  I attacked the blue beads and chain first.  I have had an idea floating around in my head for awhile about using chain, beads, and a donut.  I have a large rose quartz donut for four years now crying for a home and Christie gave me the perfect home for it.



I do not work with chain so this project stretched my imagination. I was challenged to figure out how to work the donut, beads and chain together.  I used the chain, blue beads, and clasp that Christie sent and added the pink beads and donut from my stash.  Next came matching earrings.  These got reworked four times because I could not figure out how to get the donuts to hang straight.

I have already worn the set to work and everyone loved them!

Next, I pulled out the seed beads and all the Brown and cream beads Christie sent.  This was the project I took on my cruise.  While everyone else was reading a book sunning on the deck, I was cheerfully beading away.  My project started out as peyote stitch bracelet which morphed into a freeform netted bracelet embelished with the creams and brown beads.  I only added the briolettes.  I was going to bead the clasp, then decide to use a magnetic clasp and finally made the bracelet into a bangle.  I love the results!  (Mom's response was "This is really great but I can't wear it. It is too big for my wrist."  Ha Ha There was logic to me madness!



Finally, I realize this morning that I had not used the focal pieces Christie sent.  So back to the chain, the focal pieces,  headpins, the rattail cording, and the bead caps she sent along with a few lampworked beads I had.


This was a quick project because I had hand surgery yesterday afternoon and knew I would not be in shape to bead this evening.  I like how it turned out and was very pleased how confident I was working with the chain.

Lori,  thank you so very much for the chance to meet Christie and to be a part of this Bead Soup Blog Hop!

For my followers, HOP around and see what everyone else created!
1.  Adlinah Kamsir (Singapore) and Hajer Waheed (Kingdom of Bahrain)
2. Adrienn Lukacs (Hungary) and Agata Grygiel (Poland)
3.  Agi Kiss (Hungary) and Carolien Muller-Genger (the Netherlands)
4.  Agnes Asztalos (Hungary) and B.R. Kuhlman
7.  Alicia Marinache (Canada) and Dita Basu
15.  Bonnie Coursolle (Canada) and Fay Wolfenden (Canada)
16.  Carmel McGinley (Australia) and Tracy Stillman (Australia)
21.  Cheryl Brown (Canada) and Diana Ptaszynski
22.  Christina Stofmeel (the Netherlands) and Eva Kovacs (Hungary)
24.  Cilla Watkins (Canada) and Elaine Robitaille (Canada)
25.  Sabrina Straub (Switzerland) and Kathy Combs
32.  Dee Elgie (UK) and Joanne Lockwood (UK)
33.  Dian Hierschel (Germany) and Eniko Fabian (Austria)
34.  Diane Cook and Lyn Foley
35.  Donna Bohler and Lisa Lodge
37.  Doris Stumpf (Germany) and Eszter Czibulyas (Hungary)
39.  Elke Leonhardt-Rath (Germany) and Marjolein Trewavas (UK)
41.  Erika Nooteboom (the Netherlands) and Giorgia Rossini (Italy)
42.  Erin Grant and Jean Wells
43.  Evelyn Duberry (Canada) and Gaea Cannaday
45.  Ginger Bishop (military, Okinawa) and Martina Nagele (Germany)
48.  Helene Goldberg (Australia) and Karen Vincent
54.  Joanna Matuszczyk (Poland) and Julianna Kis (Hungary)
55.  Joanne Tinley (UK) and Michaela Pabeschitz (Austria)
57.  Karen Hess and Linda Landig
 
61.  Kathy Lindemer and Rose Binoya
65.  Kristina Johansson (Sweden) and Penny Neville (Canada)
66.  Krisztina Erlaki-Toth (Hungary) and Nicole Keller (Germany)
67.  Lara Lutrick and Lisa Suver
68.  Laura DeMoya and Lisa Hanna
 72.  Lisa Liddy and Marion Simmons
76.  Lori Finney (Canada) and Marie-Noel Voyer-Cramp (Canada)
78.  Marta Kaczerowska (Poland) and Milla Starchik (Canada)
83.  Michelle Jensen and Sandra Young (Canada)
84.  Nan Emmett and Nicole Valentine-Rimmer (Canada)
87.  Pam Hurst and Rebekah Payne
89.  Rebecca Anderson (UK) and Lori Anderson
92.  Rosa Maria Cuevas (Mexico) and Tejae Floyde
93.  Sabine Dittrich (Germany) and Sally Russick
95.  Shanti Johnson and Tracy Mok (Canada)
97.  Sonya Stille and Traci Zeller (Canada)
98.  Stefanie Teufel (Germany) and Tania Hagen (New Zealand)
100.  Terri Wlaschin and Wendy Blum












61 comments:

  1. First is the best! I'd like to wear it sometimes ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how your pieces turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, Andra! You did such a great job. All 3 are very different and reflect your love for beading in such different ways. They're so pretty- I'm pinning your creations to my inspiration board. :) Thanks for being a wonderful partner. Don't know which piece I like best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andra, your designs are beautiful! Praying your hand heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pieces, Andra! I adore your patience with the peyote stitch bracelet - I know, I will never have the endurance to make one on my own! And the earrings are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love light blue cluster earrings, perfect for spring time :)
    I'm a partecipant from Italy, I'm trying to visit all of you.
    this was really a great experience!
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pieces! I love how you used that donut--I've got one in my stash that has been sitting there for over two years. But out of all the pieces, that last one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous use of the materials you were given! Hope your hand heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, if you felt that using chain was a challenge you really rose to the occasion. Great job on all your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First, I hope your surgery went well and you're on the mend!

    I love the cascade from the donut, and I'm always amazed at seed bead work! The "last minute piece" certainly doesn't look like you did it on the quick!

    Excellent work, Andra!

    I hope you'll join me next year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those earrings are crazy cool...the forth time was a charm!! And your last minute necklace is so funky...in a good way!! Funny how some things come together so effortlessly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All very lovely pieces, I especially like the last necklace... very me. I hope you are recovering well from your hand surgery :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it all, but my favorite is the necklace set you made last minute! Sometimes the best inspiration comes when you're on a close deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just like Amanda said above -- I love that necklace! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh! Your designs are wonderful, I think I like the first necklace the best, the quartz donut is very pretty with the soft blue. You received great ingredients to work with. Have fun hopping around today.
    Cheers,
    Lori D.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those earrings! So worth fussing over :) Necklaces came out really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty! Love all of the dangles!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your work! Wow, you did one in the morning? Love it! Yours Doris

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful pieces :) That doughnut & bead dangle focal is fabulous!! Great work :)

    I love the rattail cording woven through the large link chain too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope you are feeling better. Yes I think you and your partner were made for each other! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty! The bracelet you've made is especially lovely. I hope your hand recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My jaw just dropped when I saw the first set. That is one set I would be proud to wear anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would never know that you don't work with chain often. That first piece is my favorite. I have a rose quarts donut in my stash too - I might pull it out for a similar treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's hard to believe you don't work with chain. You did a fab job on the pieces. And don't you just love it when you get to use something that's been in your stash for ages? So glad that lovely rose quartz donut got to come out and play in that beautiful necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  25. When I read that you don't work with chain so often, I thought "Are you kidding me?". The first necklace is great, love the colours, the harmony, everything!

    Ambra

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous pieces! The earrings look like fun to wear and even if you created the last necklace quickly it is still my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love everything you made. The blue beads with the quartz donuts are gorgeous. The bracelet has a really comfortable casual look. I think you must be creative under pressure because I love the last necklace the most! I could see myself wearing that necklace often. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just love the first earrings. They are wonderful - along with everyone. Great job!! ~KM

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love what you made with your beads!
    My favorite are the earrings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally adore the first set. I love long earrings and the colors were beautiful!

      ~Maria Rosa

      Delete
  30. Cute, cute,...,and...CUTE! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow what a terrific mix of pieces you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love all of your pieces - especially the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  33. The blue one's my fav. Such a sensual cascade of brightandshinythings.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You had such a lovely soup to work with! I especially love your first necklace with all the cascading dangles-it works beautifully with the chain! I hope your hand surgery went well and you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great job, Andra - I love the pieces you created with your soup from Christie! I think my favorite is the last necklace you made with the focal and chain. Beautiful job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great pieces. I really like how you hung the dangles from the donut. And I love the last necklace with that great focal and all the dangles around it. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  37. The set has turned out wonderfully well but my favourite too is the last necklace.Fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. beautifl, congratulation to your work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love what you did with your swap!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow what elegant work. I just love that each one of your designs has such a unique style that is so different one from another! Wonderful work and skill put into each piece!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the last piece the best. I even have that same focal so now I know how cool it will look if I even get to it. Hope your hand surgery went well. I have hand surgery in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  42. What some awesome creations. My favorite is the bracelet and I'm sure you have fond memories of the cruise every time you look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  43. You created some beautiful pieces with your bead soup! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Very beautiful pieces, my favorite one is the donuts. I have always had a difficult time with donuts so I admire it when someone does them well, and you even made great earrings too! Really pretty.
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  45. love what you have made, that bracelet is stunning love the texture to it!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Very cool creations - love the colors on the first necklace and earrings!
    The bracelet is great - I admire anyone who can do stitches.
    Love the last necklace!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow. Those are gorgeous pieces! I love what you did with the doughnut beads. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  48. So pretty! I have visions of waves and breezes and you , happily beading sunshine colors. Ahhh. Very nicely done and I hope your hand feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Andra, I love what you made. The bracelet especially with all that seed bead work. I wish I could do that. I'm really good at stringing seed beads, but weaving them is another matter entirely. I hope your hand gets better quickly so that you can get back to what you love. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Stiches Bracelet!!!!! OMG..... it is Beautiful. You did very good job, Andra!

    ReplyDelete
  51. lovely pieces! I like all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  52. really fun stuff, everyone did so well at this bead hop!

    ReplyDelete
  53. The waterfall on the first necklace, set over the rose quartz doughnut is gorgeous! And so are the earrings. And I love the second necklace too: simple and elegant, the way you combined charms with lampwork it gives just the perfect touch of fun and playfulness :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. You really made some lovely pieces that you can be proud of. I am especially smitten with that first necklace and earring set. For someone who doesn't work with chain often, you really did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Absolutely gorgeous pieces, I especially love that first set...how DID you get the donuts to hang straight? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori I ran two chains from the earring finding, draping the chains on either side of the donut. Crossed them in the middle of the donut, crossed again under the donut, then opened a link on the chain and hooked the chains together. The one thing I learned was that the chains had to be tight when I finally hooked them together. Hope you can understand this, if not send me you e-mail and I will send you some pictures.

      Delete
  56. What gorgeous things you made! The first set is so summery--I imagine wearing it to a posh dinner on a cruise ship! It makes me think of sun and azure waters. I also love the cuff beadwork bracelet, I love browns and creams together--earthy! Fun to layer it with other bracelets too. And the last piece is so regal--the cording really makes it a standout! Love the lampwork with the coins. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I'm not sure WHICH piece I like the best. Probably the earrings, or maybe the donut necklace, no wait, that last necklace was gorgeous too! And that bracelet! Now I've been on my share of cruises, but no way would I be able to work on something like that, WOW!! Love all your pieces!

    ReplyDelete