Saturday, March 25, 2017

The Bead Hoarders Party Revel!!!!


Yippee!  The day has arrived to revel what we created from our partner in the Beader Hoader's Blog Hop.  My wonderful partner, Elizabeth Bunn has already posted her revel so I am behind a little bit.  Elizabeth is a fantastic lamp work artist from Texas and I was over-joyed to receive one of her focal beads and several glass donuts that she had made.

She also gifted me with crystals, stone donuts, seed beads , 8 mm red quartz beads, and an awesome snowman tin (which Mom tried to sneak away from me.)  I just loved everything in the soup!
After much trial and reworking of ideas, this is the necklace and earrings I designed----


The focal bead is so beautiful I thought you needed to see a closeup of it.
While we were waiting for the revel date, I attended the Delmarva Wool and Fiber Show in Ocean City, MD.  I found this wonderful yarn that screamed at me to go with the glass roundels Liz sent.



This is the first time I have used fiber in a pair of earrings. I think I really like how they turned out.

Thank you Liz for the wonderful bead soup.  I still have lots of the soup left so who know what you all will see next.

Now it is time for a confession and an apology.  For the first time since I have been doing the Hops under Lori's direction, I did not follow her wonderful advice.  She told us to get our soup together before we found out who our partner was going to be, which I did.  Then she told us not to check out their website or blog until after we mailed off the soup --which I did not do.  I was so overwhelmed by the beauty that Liz creates that I second guessed the soup I was going to send her and  I pulled together a hoarded soup that was nice but not what I really wanted my partner to have and mailed it off.  I then stewed on the idea that it wasn't what I really wanted to send for a week then sent the original soup to Liz. Once I mailed it off, I felt joyous and happy about everything involving the party.   Next time, I will listen to Lori and follow her wonderful directions.  Lori takes so much time and effort in everything she does and writes for  her events that I was rather foolish not to pay attention.  for that I do apologies to you Lori McDaniel Anderson.  My confession is over and I am going to go visit everyone else's blogs.  Check out Lori's blog for a list of everyone in the party  and I look forward to seeing everyone's comments.  

 DON'T forget to check out the Bead Soup Party Pinterest Board


22 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job! I love the fiber with the earrings. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job Andra! I love the necklace set and the earrings with fiber too. And I enjoyed having two soups to work with! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like working with fiber. It's one of the mediums I enjoy, but never thought about incorporating it into a piece of jewelry. I love the concept and how you brought it all together

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that focal bead is spectacular and you showcased it beautifully in your design. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them all, but the earrings are 'flowy' and I just love that look!! WONDERFUL!! ~KM

    ReplyDelete
  6. your beautiful bead working really makes that focal pop! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did with the focal! So much texture in your piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lovely focal - what a great inspiration for you. And the earrings are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The necklace is beautiful, you gave me an idea for a project I need to do. Those earrings may just be my favorite thing yet, they are simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so enjoyed reading 'the confession' and it made me smile. I would probably do the same thing, but didn't this time. YOUR soup - what can I say about that. Yes a fabulous focal, but I love how you put it all together - not too over the top. ...and those earrings. fabulous, gorgeous and trendy with the tassles. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful work! I especially love the earrings with the fiber. Gorgeous! Is that show at the convention center annual? When was it? I would love to go next year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like how you used 3 strands with the focal. They really balance out the visual weight of the piece quite nicely! The tassel earrings are stupendous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the fiber in the earrings is wonderful - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You were sent lovely things, and the focal in your necklace is truly special. Your design compliments it very well. And perhaps you'll want to use fiber again in your design since it worked so well with your earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The necklace and earrings you made is a beautiful set. I also LOVE the second pair of earrings you made with the fiber. Really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great designs! I am totally in love with the earrings that you created with the fiber! They are so unique and eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you showcased that focal bead! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those beads are gorgeous and you did them proud! I'm so happy you participated!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the lampwork beads you received! Lucky lady!! And those earrings are FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The earrings with the fiber are SO cool! LOVE them, and you are right, the color is perfect! The necklace set is very pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Andra, Your simple design showcased that lovely lampworked bead wonderfully. The fiber earrings are a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Isn't it amazing when beads and fiber scream at you and no one else hears it!!! I love those earrings...I wouldn't have thought to use the fiber but they are stunning....Excellent work on all of them!!

    ReplyDelete