Saturday, May 5, 2012

Total laziness:(

I realize that I have gotten either very lazy or just overwhelmed over the past month. When I last posted I had just had my hand surgery and realized how annoying it was to try to type one handed.  I am all better now and have lots to tell everyone.  The end of March I went ot Newport News, VA to spend my last week of recuperation at my brother's house.  While there I took two classes.  The first was a refresher on free-form peyote stitch at TaDa Artisan's Boutique & Bead Store in Williamsburg, VA and I made a bracelet which is almost done.  I will post a picture when it is done .Tammy had just opened the store and held a special class for Mom and me.  Next I took a bead loom class at Beadworkz in Suffolk, VA.  with Cindy Yost.  Five years ago I bought her book, Copper Loom A New Approach to an Ancient Craft, co-authored with Kat Allison. Then two Christmases ago Tom bought me the loom.  Finally I can use it! Wow what fun!

                 I chose to make a bracelet out of  purple #8 seed bead soup. So the finished project --

I also chose these beads to match a necklace I made this year.  It has a spiral rope and a hidden clasp focal slider.
I had a such great time in Newport News, I went back on April 21st and joined the Southeastern Virginia Bead Society.  The members are wonderful and so welcoming.  They meet the third Sunday of every month and Mom and I figure that we will just plan on visiting Tom that weekend each month.
   
  I was asked to contribute to the Silent Auction at Georgia Shakespeare's Bard's Bash 2012.  My daughter, Donna, is their Development Manager and is in charge of the show.  The theme is Oscar Wilde, so she asked for something wild, flamboyant, Victorian, steampunk, etc.

               I made a necklace set, Victorian Splendor



                       and  Beauty In The Eyes Of The Beholder




The auction is tonight so I will post tomorrow what they sold for.  Georgia Shakespeare is a not for profit theater in Atlanta, GA located on the campus of Oglethorpe University.The company does a lot with the surrounding school systems promoting the development of the theater.  This gala event is their major summer fund raiser and helps to mark the beginning of their summer season.  This year they will also be performing The Tempest at Shakespeare in the Park, an event for the community.  Please check out their web site here.

Enough for now so Good Night Everyone.













No comments:

Post a Comment