Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bead Soup Blog Party and breaking plates

     I am so excited.  I got chosen for Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party.  My partner is Christie and we have several things in common. 1. We love and create jewelry. 2. We love the Lord.3. We have three daughters.  We shall have to see what else we have in common as the month progresses.
   I decided to attempt to break a plate then grind the edges down to make cabs for my bead embroidery. Lessons learned--  1. Don't attempt when Mom is around.  She worries too much.  2. Always have plenty of newspaper or magazine for padding and covering. 3. Laughing and cracking at the same time does not mix well. and 4 Most important,  I now know why Ironstone plates last a long time. They are too stubborn to break.   Thanks Pat for joining me in the fun!

4 comments:

  1. I'm delighted to be paired with you- and love what we have in common already! Can you shoot me an email? I didn't see your addy anywhere. Mine is charisdesigns@hotmail.com. Looking forward to what lies ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had so much fun watching your creative endeavors today. Looking forward to seeing what you create with those pretty plate pieces ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the bead soup! I'll look forward to seeing what you get and what you make :)

    As for the lessons learned... yes, laughing while doing lots of things can be a problem. I've discovered that when I laugh, I lose all strength and coordination. That and I can not box with the Wii ... it makes me laugh and then I just... well.. it's not pretty >.< funny as hell, but not pretty lol

    Hope your plate-pieces turned out nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. andra - try scoring the plate with a tile cutter first, may work - maybe we can go thrifting together - find some cool things to make into focals - ps went to Michael's - but PLEASE do not call during football - lol

    ReplyDelete